Regional General Manager – Kuching
- To plan, coordinate, control, direct, lead, organize and manage the business activities/projects of Property, Construction, Investment, AOB and support services units in Kuching undertaken by the Group and ensure all that the business activities/projects are carried out in the most cost effective manner with the highest quality and meeting the required specifications and timelines.
- Provide leadership and overall guidance to the business units and support services units in Kuching region.
The following duties are not exclusive and certain items require effective delegation in whole or in part to be adequately fulfilled:
- Develop objectives, organization strategies, directions and policies for the business units and support services units for Kuching region.
- Responsible for strategic and operational planning of the business units in the region, reviewing and approving significant financial strategic plans and annual operating plans. Implement, execute, monitor and review the plans.
- Plan, organize, monitor and control the day to day operations of the business units and support services units. Review on a continuous basis, the general business climate for the related business units and adjust business direction or focus as needed. Review and evaluate the region’s consolidated annual plan and budget including revenue, profit projections, expenditure, capital and manpower requirements.
- Ensure performance of staff by setting goals/KPIs and by regular following up and monitoring.
- Ensure all property, construction, investment and AOB business/projects
- Maintain their budget profitability;
- Complete within the respective budgets;
- Cost controls are monitored and evaluated.
- Ensure all property, construction, investment and AOB business/ projects are completed and delivered in a timely manner.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained within all business/projects and that all anticipated operational risk are mitigated and resolved.
- Ensure occupational health and safety, and environmental standards are maintained within all business / projects.
- Monitor the supervision and performance of subcontractors.
- Monitor the implementation and execution of business/projects and ensure compliance with relevant statutory requirements and Act.
- Direct the strategizing and formulation of an effective organization through selection, training, compensation, company culture, image and motivation of all staff.
- Communicating to other senior managers the strategies and policies adopted by the Board as well as relying feedback to the Board.
- Collecting information of the business environment, proposing strategies and policies for consideration of the Board.
- Ensure that systems of identification and management of risks are robust and appropriate.
- Maintain positive image of the company by establishing relationships with local, international businesses, government and the public, consultants, suppliers, subcontractors, and maintain employee commitment to the company and enforce ethical business practices.
- Perform any other duties as directed from time to time as required by the Management of Naim Group.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience preferably in the property, construction and related industry.
- Experience in managing mixed development and high rise residential projects.
- Possess a flair for property development, complete project cycle and strategic master planning including other aspects like feasibility studies, project management, marketing and authorities liaison.
- Strong liaison skills with government agencies, local authorities, contractors and consultants to ensure smooth implementation of a project.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, presentation and analytical skills.
- Strong project management, documentation and organizing skills.
- Proactive and responsive to initiate changes to ensure goals are met.
Please clearly mark the position title in the SUBJECT line of your email. Email without the job title in the SUBJECT line may not be considered.
Interested candidates are invited to write in with a complete resume, stating details of personal particulars, academic qualifications, working experience, current and expected salary, your preferred working location, telephone contact number and a non- returnable passport size photograph to the Senior Manager at:
NAIM LAND SDN BHD
7th Floor, Wisma Naim,
2 1/2 Mile, Rock Road, 93200 Kuching Sarawak, Malaysia
or Email us at: email@example.com
Our Website: www.naim.com.my
(Only shortlisted candidates will be notified)